Texture Pack problems

Discussion in 'Roleplay Discussion' started by Arayzia, Jan 8, 2018.

1. Arayzia

Arayzia New Member

I haven't played this server in a long time, I logged back on a few weeks ago and the resource pack wasn't working, it would say it was downloading and then freeze, then kick me or my game would crash. I eventually gave up, but today I tried again but it is still not working. I've done everything. I have tried all the resource pack options (Ex: Prompt, Enabled), deleted the server resource packs folder, and even deleted Minecraft and re-downloaded it. If anybody could help or create an alternative download link for the pack, that would be great!

Thanks!

2. Peravia

Peravia New Member

I've been having the exact same problem. I have not been on for a little while and when i tried to use the resource pack when i came back, it kicked me out the game just like you. I do not know what the solution is but i was questioning if it was only me having this problem. Clearly it is not. I have done the recommended way to get the resource/texture pack to work but it still continues to act the way it does and kick me out.

#2 Peravia, Jan 9, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. Peravia

Peravia New Member

So i figured out why it wasn't working for me, it was because of the different version of minecraft. Instead of 1.12.1 im using 1.12.2 I'm not sure if it's the same solution but you can try that? :D

4. Arayzia

Arayzia New Member

I'm currently using 1.12.2 with optifine and I have tried 1.12 and 1.12.2 without optifine. I can easily use other texture packs and used to be able to use this one a long time ago. I really think they should put up the pack for download on the website. It would make things lot easier. Thank you for your suggestions though.

5. Hyriell

Hyriell Best Meme EU
    Manager

Its usually based on your client installation and how much ram you're got assigned to minecraft.
    - If you havent assigned enough ram, or if your PC is just generally to bad, it can crash when applying all the textures, as you run out of ram while loading them in etc.

Whats your PC specs?

6. Arayzia

Arayzia New Member

I tried adding more ram to minecraft, but that didn't seem to work. I do have play with a laptop, not a fancy computer, but it's fairly new and works great.